Friday, November 23, 2012

J-Pop > K-Pop

I've been a serious K-Pop lover for about 2 years. Serious to the extent of having many favorite groups and actors. chasing the idols in a van, watching almost all the dramas, variety and music shows etc. It all died down after then. I'm starting to think and feel that I wasn't really into them. Probably it's their hit songs which attracted me after all. It could also be due to a change in my "music direction". I have switch over to J-Pop/Rock and it has been about a year plus till now. 

Not totally change though. I still have my favoritest: 
(In case you've noticed, yes, I'm a YG > SM)

Groups/ Solo by ranking
1. Choshinsung/Choshinsei
2. BIG BANG
3. INFINITE
4. CROSS GENE
5. LEESANG
6. SUPREME TEAM / Simon D

Actors be ranking
1. Jang Keun Suk
2. Lee Jong Suk
3. Park Shin Hye

The theme songs of J-Dramas lead me to fall in love with J-Pop. I started to watch the dramas first, listen to the songs next, followed by noticing the actors and watching their PVs and videos etc. Gokusen is the very first J-Drama I watched and "something" got me hooked to watching J-dramas. Yes, it's Johnny's artistes!! They are all amazingly talented!! 

Groups/ Solo by ranking
1. HEY!SAY!JUMP!
2. NEWS (with Yamapi and Ryo)
3. ARASHI
4. KAT-TUN (with Akanishi)
5. KIS-MY-FT2
6. Tackey and Tsubasa
7. SEXY ZONE
8. NYC
9. KANJANI8
10. SMAP
11. AQUA TIMEZ
12. Atsuko Maeda

Actors/ Actresses by ranking
1. Takagi twins - Shinpei and Manpei
2. Oguri Shun
3. Miura Haruma
4. Sato Takeru
5. Kaname Jun
6. Yamamoto Yusuke
7. Teppei Koike
8. Ishihara Satomi
9. Gouriki Ayame 

Recently, I've been into J-Rock!! 

1. ALICE NINE
2. ACID BLACK CHERRY
3. COCOA OTOKO
4. SCANDAL

But overall, I still prefer J-Pop/Rock. It's really a pity that J-Pop/Rock aren't currently popular here. I would really like to watch the concerts. Someday in future, I would love to fly over to Japan!! 

Another sad thing is that, there aren't many variety and music shows with English subbed on the Internet. It's very, very, very limited!! I hope more people will show more love for J-Pop and J-Rock!!